2015 September Newsletter
The 2018 Spring session starts tomorrow! Here are some pictures from Saturday. The horses are ready to see old friends and meet their new ones.
Volunteer Training is February 17th, 9am-1pm!
If you haven't signed up to volunteer for the spring '18 session and would like to, now's the time! Volunteer Training is Saturday, February 17 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.
#Volunteer #TurningDisabilitiesIntoPossibilities #TherapyHorses #TherapeuticRidingCenter ... See more
Questions? Contact Carrie Mahan, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Riding Unlimited offers many exciting volunteer opportunities: working with riders, schooling horses, or fundraising, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
At the Ranch:
For hands-on interaction and physical exercise you might want to be a…
Sidewalker – The primary responsibility of a sidewalker is to maintain constant safety awareness, while providing physical and motivational support to the rider.
• Qualifications for Sidewalker – Minimum age is 14. Be able to walk and jog for short periods of time while the horse is trotting. Attend Volunteer Training and be committed to your weekly class assignment throughout the session.
If you have experience with horses you might want to be a…
Horse Handler – The horse handler is directly responsible for the horse before, during and after each lesson. It is the leader who must help in guiding, stopping and starting without making the rider feel that heor she is simply a passenger.
• Qualifications for Horse Handler – Minimum age is 14. Must attend hands-on training and be responsible for continued training as needed. Should be able to walk at a fast pace and jog intermittently during the lesson. Assignments will be based on assessed ability with horse handling by instructors and volunteer coordinator.
For the younger generation
Junior Volunteer 11 – 13 years old
• Juniors do not work in the arena with the riders. The Junior Volunteer’s primary responsibility is to assist with grooming and tacking. Junior volunteers can also help with basic ranch duties, such as mucking stalls. Junior volunteers must attend Volunteer Training.
Does your business, church, club or school have a yearly Community Volunteer day? We have a unique Group Volunteer Experience to offer at Riding Unlimited in Ponder, Texas, just North of DFW. Riding Unlimited can facilitate groups up to 150 volunteers with projects from renovation, painting, landscaping, fundraising and events. We would like to host your Volunteer Group! Contact us at Volunteer@ridingunlimited.org to schedule a tour and visit our website at: http://www.ridingunlimited.org/volunteer
RU POSSE – As a working ranch we always have fence to fix, pastures to maintain and building repairs.
Off the Ranch
• Join our Board of Directors
• Join our Development Committee
• Help plan Special Events
• Set up Riding Unlimited tables at community events
• Solicit donations
• Media and communication
• Design brochures, fliers
• Manage the newsletter
• Join our Speakers Bureau
• Join our Finance Committee
For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Volunteer Registration Form and the Volunteer Manual to get started.
http://www.ridingunlimited.org/volunteer-registration-form ... See more
Skipper was such a good boy today with his ground work. He can't wait to join the RU equine therapy line up! #Therapyhorses #Equinetherapy #Turningdisabilitiesintopossibilities