DO YOU LOVE HORSES, FRESH AIR, WIDE OPEN SPACES, AND HELPING OTHERS?
BECOME A RIDING UNLIMITED VOLUNTEER:
Riding Unlimited offers many exciting volunteer opportunities: working with riders, schooling horses, or fundraising, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
At the Ranch:
For hands-on interaction and physical exercise you might want to be a…
Sidewalker – The primary responsibility of a sidewalker is to maintain constant safety awareness, while providing physical and motivational support to the rider.
• Qualifications for Sidewalker – Minimum age is 14. Be able to walk and jog for short periods of time while the horse is trotting. Attend Volunteer Training and be committed to your weekly class assignment throughout the session.
If you have experience with horses you might want to be a…
Horse Handler – The horse handler is directly responsible for the horse before, during and after each lesson. It is the leader who must help in guiding, stopping and starting without making the rider feel that heor she is simply a passenger.
• Qualifications for Horse Handler – Minimum age is 14. Must have experience with horses and complete Handler Certification. Must attend hands-on training and be responsible for continued training as needed. Should be able to walk at a fast pace and jog intermittently during the lesson.
For the younger generation
Junior Volunteer 11 – 13 years old
• Juniors do not work in the arena with the riders. The Junior Volunteer’s primary responsibility is to assist with grooming and tacking. Junior volunteers must attend Volunteer Training.
Does your business, church, club or school have a yearly Community Volunteer day? We have a unique Group Volunteer Experience to offer at Riding Unlimited in Ponder, Texas, just North of DFW. Riding Unlimited can facilitate groups up to 150 volunteers with projects from renovation, painting, landscaping, fundraising and events. We would like to host your Volunteer Group! Contact us at Volunteer@ridingunlimited.org to schedule a tour and visit our website at: http://www.ridingunlimited.org/volunteer
RU POSSE – As a working ranch we always have fence to fix, pastures to maintain and building repairs
Off the Ranch
• Join our Board of Directors
• Join our Development Committee
• Help plan Special Events
• Set up Riding Unlimited tables at community events
• Solicit donations
• Media and communication
• Design brochures, fliers
• Manage the newsletter
• Join our Speakers Bureau
• Join our Finance Committee
For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org